Wednesday 25 March 2009

Twittering

Today, as I was working on microblogging things to do with my work and anthropology I landed in Twittervision.

I wrote more on this in my other blog here, randomly enough.

As I was completing my blog I felt twittervision should deserve a mention as a genuine Altermodern preposition.

Here it is then, across bloggs, twittervision and visualisations of twitter are anticipated versions of our Altermodernity, anticipated because twittervision is constantly anticipating twitts that belong to a moment pass and not linealy sequenced, they cover the world in a fluid but not deconstructed, per se, ordering. It challenges both boundaries and conceptualisations of how virtualism and virtual relations deepen our perception of social realtions in this new media.

Today, I can say, I was fascinated by this globe that spinned into languages and texts and emotions, comments, perceptions, fleetingly and seemingly capable of constructing mediated, relational, and 'social' encounters. Less transient than it seems, the virtual conversation remains sustained for hours and engaged in a political transformation of their own positions, both personal and located.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.